Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We're Having a Baby!!!


Yup, yup... it's true! So I hope that everyone has heard by now that our lives are forever changed! On October 5th, the morning that I was leaving to visit familia in Arizona, we made the surprising discovery that we were pregnant! Wow, what a surprise it was. lol. It has already been quite an exciting journey, and we couldn't be any happier to expecting a little bundle of joy into our happy and blessed little family! Yesterday we had our first ultrasound (which was amazing!!!) and found out for sure that I am 9 weeks and one day along today! Lil jellybean is 23.5 mm long with a really strong heartbeat and the Dr. said it is really surprisingly active for such a little one. Brandon just had the BIGGEST grin the whole time, it was so special! And it really makes it all much more real to have an actual visual of the little blessing forming perfectly inside of me! Wow. Still feels crazy. I have been battling some horrid morning (hah- all day) sickness and have lost quite a bit of weight, but am praying that it will go away soon! And hey, research says that the sicker I am the healthier the baby is, some say it will have a higher IQ too... so I'm thankful for it -kinda. Well, we're so excited to be going on the new journey into (ahh) ...parenthood! :) And can't wait to share it with you all! We love and miss you! Have a blessed day, and I promise I'll be updating this more often! (This is the first day I've been able to look at the computer without puking... ug) Feel free to call anytime, I'm not doing much. Ok, God Bless you today! xoxo ~Cortney, Brandon.... and lil baby bean!

2 comments:

Nick and Wendy Vander Sys said...

I loooove the jelly bean nickname! haha! That's so Cortney! Congrats again and we're praying for you 5!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the family! Having just been thru this with Tracee and Roy, it is truly amazing! Sorry to say tho, you will go from morning sickness, to baby colic! which is what we have now with Maddie!! Grandma is spending a lot of time helping to walk the floor, but it is so nice to be so close to be able to do it!!
We are really happy for you!!

Love and kisses,
Aunt Linda